Unboxing and Order Care
I got my order, now what?
First, thank you for your order! We appreciate you and want to provide the absolute best experience. To get started, first:
Refrigerate perishable items immediately.
Ice packs may thaw in transit - that is ok. To accurately gauge your items, please place them in the fridge overnight. For frozen items, please place in the freezer.
We are committed to using curbside recyclable packaging wherever possible in our packaging and shipping materials. Our paper box liners are fully recyclable and our ice packs are reusable. Please recycle wherever available.
Enjoy Your Order!
Order Care Instructions
- Your cheese might smell cheesy when it arrives. That’s Okay! There might be some moisture or wet items in the box from condensation. That's normal. Store cheese in the refrigerator in its original packaging until you’re about to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut off only what you plan to eat, and let it come to room temperature before you enjoy – it tastes better that way. You can skip this if cooking with your cheese.
- Once the original wrap is opened, rewrap your cheese in cheese paper. If you don’t have cheese paper, you can also try parchment paper with an outside layer of plastic wrap, a sandwich bag, glass or plastic container.
- Soft cheeses will taste best within 1-2 weeks of when you receive them, and firm cheeses within 3 weeks. Firm cheeses in vacuum-seal and whole, unopened wheels are usually good for months. Look for a use-by date on the packaging for more guidance.
- If your cheese arrived in a brine or liquid (like feta or mozzarella), store in that same liquid. Use tongs or a utensil to remove and replace your cheese into that liquid.
- We don’t recommend freezing cheese.
- Check your label for instructions first, but we recommend refrigerating any meat products after opening. Some salami products ship dry and that’s ok!
- Store smoked fish in the freezer or fridge until ready to use. Always follow any package instructions.
We’d love to hear from you! Please visit our Contact Us page and someone from our team will respond as soon as possible.